Google Chrome Themes:










Saturday, November 01, 2008

Rusty Jeffers - 2008 NPC Western Regional, Guest Posing

Rusty Jeffers was guest posing at 2008 NPC Western Regional organized by Miles Production.


For the photos of Rusty's guest posing at this event, click here for the link to the online photo album from the official photographer, Michael Simon

Rusty posted his guest posing video on his forum. Here is the Youtube version:



There is an article about this event and some updates about Rusty from Prosource.net. Here is the full article:

JEFFERS JUST KEEPS JAZZING UP HIS POSING ACT (11/14)

The Item: Career Updates/Guest Posing Appearance

The Scoop: Athlete to Andrew: I caught up with my buddy IFBB Pro Rusty Jeffers, who recently performed as the guest poser at the Western Regional Bodybuilding Championships on November 1. Jeffers earned his pro card at the 2004 Masters Nationals, one week after the USA. "Half the guys at the USA were there," Jeffers recalls. "I got 2nd at the USA to Chris Cook. He was smoother than a baby's ass, but he was signed with Weider; so, I had to go the next week to get the card denied me!!! I wasn't even going to go!"

The 44-year-old, Arizona resident is a masterful poser who I included among my list of the best in my "Art of War" Series on physique presentation. The 5'9" 240-pounder last competed in the Masters Class at the 2008 Atlantic City Pro and placed in the lower end of the lineup, but he doesn't let that squash his creativity on the Muscle Stage. Though known for his classic posing style, Jeffers upped the ante at the Western Regional by making it a raucous family affair.

"I pulled my brother's band Traveler onto the stage on a rolling platform. While they pounded away, he walked around me as I posed, playing his version of a movie soundtrack on the electric violin," Jeffers tells me. "I always wanted to pose with a live band, or on top of a piano being wheeled out onto the stage, something totally ‘different!' But I wanted to do something with my brother and this was a cool way to do that. I almost exclusively pose to his music. Once in a while, I'll do something commercial." The crowd's response? "They loved it, I got a lot of very cool comments. Evidently, everyone is sick of guys waving around for you to applaud while they hit a few mandatories. I put on more of a show."

The "So What?": Jeffers has been tossing major iron with recently reinstated IFBB Pro Lee Priest at Freedom Fitness in Cave Creek, AZ. "Lee moved back to Australia, but he'll be back [in AZ] for a couple of weeks," Jeffers informs me. "We train very well together, because we like to really train hard unlike a lot of guys. I mean, extremely intensely and heavy." Apparently Priest is luring Jeffers to his stomping grounds, as Jeffers will next put his stage presence to the test at the Australian Pro. Jeffers is available for seminars, posing instruction and exhibitions. Andrew Oye's verdict: If the man has a posing clinic in you vicinity, and you're a rising bodybuilder, go take advantage of this cat's knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment