Google Chrome Themes:










Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rusty Jeffers - Thoughts about Todays Bodybuilding Shows

Rusty Jeffers posted his thoughts about results of todays bodybuilding shows on Bodybuilding.com forum. Extracts are shown below:

"............. I think my opinions are not only (of the top 5 Arnold) but all pro shows of late, and local shows for that matter. It trickles down to them also. There is not enough emphasis on the physique itself. Guys are winning symmetry rounds that lack calves, have the big guts, etc. Doesn't anyone think the pro competitors see these scores? There is wayyyy too much emphasis on conditioning. There has been for quite some time and I don't see it changing. If a perfect physique comes on stage and stands next to a guy who lacks calves, hams or any other bodypart, but is shredded wheat especially in the glutes....who wins?? I know my answer. The complete physique, a balanced physique, with very good conditioning. I am a competitor of BODYBUILDING not inferior physiques that have starved or done more supplementation than they probably should have. I see a lot of posts, magazine articles, commentaries, radio shows, and the only thing they have any knowledge in is how to go on and on about someones condition. No one even seems to have any knowledge on how to assess a physique. I see lacking/missing/undeveloped/lagging bodyparts as a HUGE flaw, no matter the condition that physique has attained by dieting. It is no longer a bodybuilding contest but a freak show business. At the Arnold, men and women bodybuilders are getting laughed at in the general public. Read Gregg Valentinos thread on the Arnold on musccular developments forum. I tend to agree with his rant. I could write a book on the amount of email I get talking about just that. But, this is bodybuilding and the weirder the better I guess.

If you think about it, how many of you know the top names from the 70's and 80's??? Arnold, Zane, Mentzer, etc. Those guys live on, new bodybuilders strive to be like that. There are very few personalities, just guys who have attained freaky condition. This isn't about me having sour grapes, but a definitive answer to the questions and PM's I get over and over again. It's how I feel about it. You asked, you got."

No comments:

Post a Comment