Google Chrome Themes:










Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rusty Jeffers - The Road to Successful Bodybuilder is not EASY

Rusty Jeffers replied to an enquiry about successful bodybuilding on the forum of Bodybuilding.com:

"Early success, just eat every 2 hours no matter what. No matter where you are, you can slip off somewhere to eat. In the early days, I used to keep a chicken breast on me in a plastic bag and eat every 2 hours!!!! I carried a cooler with me full of meals for the day that I made in the a.m. before work. Success is when you do what you want to do not what someone else wants you to do and do well... Hopefully you have someone in your life who understands and will help you mentally AND physically. There is no job I can tell you to do...just do what you NEED to do to succeed. People from all walks of life have succeeded in bodybuilding and not very many of them have sponsors, it's not an easy road for ANYONE. You may have to work around bodybuilding to achieve success. I worked a lot of shit jobs when I was competing in the NPC...and now that I'm PRO I still don't have a sponsor, but my wife and I work together to make sure I can eat and train when I need to for a show. Spending money at the grocery store is expensive at first, buy lots of chicken and steak when it's on sale and freeze is the best I can offer. I still do it that way. I did security work, bouncer, construction, modeling, bartending....it doesn't help you in the long term scheme of things, but you certainly can train and eat when you want to. You can always work in a gym! Sorry,,,not much help on this one! Better to have a career, and have bodybuilding as a hobby...there are VERY few successful bodybuilders in this sport. I have a personal training business which does OK but I get burnt out on training people instead of training myself,,so...you'll have to figure this one out on your own..."

No comments:

Post a Comment