Google Chrome Themes:










Thursday, October 09, 2008

Rusty Jeffers - General Advice for Diets/ Cardio

Rusty Jeffers responded to a question about the advice for diets/ cardio on the forum of Bodybuilding.com. Here are the extracts:

"Concerning the questions about pre contest diets/cardio...not an easy thing to do in a forum, it's a huge math problem at the least. I'd have to figure our what you're eating, what/when/how you're ACTUALLY training, etc. There is just so much, if it was easy, everyone would be winning shows and showing up in perfect full shredded condition. A lot of times it's a crap shoot, some people are easier than others to be sure.

A broad answer without writing a frickin' novel would be to diet over a long period of time, make sure you're actually eating at least 1.5 gms per lb of bodyweight daily over 5 to 6 meals a day for at least a year, do cardio at least a few or more times a week after your workout, train heavy and hard, sleep a lot, eat often. It's that simple, but it's not simple to do in actuality is it?? If you don't overdiet when you get ready, you won't lose size. If you don't do enough cardio, you won't get lean. Never do it before your workout, always after. Eat protein after every workout. It's a hit and miss and everyone has to do it several times to get it right. The best advice I ever got was to eat 1 lb of flank steak every a.m. I did it for about a year and put on 15 lbs of solid muscle...then again, I ate right every day, did cardio, slept enough...but I don't get fat or overweight EVER so I know what I gained was muscle. I trained heavy and intensely.

What else can I say, you get what you put in...in this sport, you have to do it over a longggggg time to see results. Eat enough protein to keep your muscle, decrease your carbs slightly and do more cardio...I do 1/2 hour a day and I always look good. That's why I got into this, to look good, not just for 1 day then fat the rest of the year. I could care less if my glutes are shredded on contest day. I'd rather look great every day and symmetrical and full on contest day. My preference."

No comments:

Post a Comment