Google Chrome Themes:










Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rusty Jeffers - Rusty's Feeling of His Journey To Become A Pro

Rusty Jeffers posted a message to the forum of Bodybuilding.com about his feeling about his journey to being a Professional bodybuilder:

"I never REALIZED it would take this long to get to be a pro, it didn't "fall into place" or anything like that. I won a large string of overalls on the west coast before I even thought of doing a Pro qualifier, and winning those overall titles were wayyyy more satisfying than competing as a pro. I enjoyed those shows MUCH more because I could understand and could train towards what the judging criteria was about. I think bodybuilding was much more COMPETITIVE as a sport in the late 80's -90's and wish I tried to turn pro at that time, when my type of physique was more in vogue. But I never thought for sure I could do it....just kept hammering away at it because I love to work out. It's a good thing to believe in yourself, because ultimately that's who you are doing it for. If you succeed, you've learned you can succeed in other areas of your life because you've learned some serious determination and major pain from dieting!!!!"

Yes. Rusty is really my idol. I gave up easily. I learned from Rusty to keep on when frustrations come! It's disappointing that Rusty's physique is not rewarded in pro shows nowadays. He has one of the most aesthetic, balanced, symmetrical physique! No large gut and over developed body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment