Google Chrome Themes:










Monday, July 14, 2008

Rusty Jeffers - Planning For Workouts

Rusty Jeffers posted a message to the forum of Bodybuilding.com in response to a question about how he prepare for a workout:

"Think of the reason you're training to begin with, is it because you want to look better, visualize what you want to look like, are you training for a show, what do you want to look like by what date...I mean, WHY are you training, once you have that in mind, that's your motiviation.

Everybody gets tired and fatigued at times, use that as a guide to know how much training you need. Are you having truoble getting through workouts because you don'thave enough sleep??? Are you overtraining??? Are you eating enough??? You know yourself better than anyone else on this planet....Are you totally rundown and fatigued?? Maybe it was too much exercise, maybe it WAS too many sets, you're gonna have to take time to figure out your level of sets to do, if you did 5 sets of everything this week and you're beat down, then go to 3 sets of everything this week and see how you feel. You're probably overtrained. If you don't want to go to the gym, DON'T GO. Being overtrained is worse than not training. Your body can't grow if it can't recover. If you're not feeling it, you're not enjoying it, or you're training wrong.

I'm thinking about what I'm going to do as I drive to the gym, what exercises, etc, There's no way to not "feel it" I can make anything FEEL it because they're the exercises I WANT to do and enjoy. If you hate Squats, do leg presses, if don't feel incline presses, do incline flyes...you have to work this stuff out like the rest of us.. Pros have been around long enough to figure this out, unless they're the type that use "trainers" or that kind of shit. To really know this stuff, it's a lot of time of hit and miss and teaching yourself. Don't rely on what someone else says and does. I can only post what I've DONE, it doesn't mean it will work for you. I like to do high reps and heavy weights, I do strips sets by going UP in weight each set...most people strip DOWN the weight. (I do that too, I just prefer the other way, it's harder and that's just what I like, because I love to train the hard way) I've had very few training partners because they can't keep up, or don't like to kill themselves like I do. I'll have to find the last leg workout later about what Lee and I did, My wife wrote it down after the workout just so we could see how much we did, kinda shocking... I'll find it and post it later and I think you'll see what I mean."


No comments:

Post a Comment