Google Chrome Themes:










Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rusty Jeffers - How much sleep/ rest is enough?

Rusty said on the forum of Bodybuilding.com that different people on differnt times require different amount of time to rest/ sleep. He also disussed about dog crap training. Here are the extracts:

"Rest is one of those things that is highly individualized. Some people don't need as much as others for some reason, whether it's their ability to get a deeper sleep for a shorter period or lighter sleepers for longer periods. Who knows really? It would depend on your quality of sleep I guess...I like 8 hrs, but if you're making results from what you're getting, you're probably getting enough...if you're in a bad mood, and don't really recover from your training, I would try to get more rest and more calories. I would play it by ear and see. If you feel good, you're probably fine.............

............Dog crapp training, I've seen people make some good strength gains on it, that type of training is NOT FOR EVERYONE! It's a good idea to learn something like that for the times that you don't have a lot of time to train and you can still get a great workout in in a short period of time with high intensity. I like to cycle it in sometimes after contests when I'm basically coming down off of pre contest training and am tired of being in the gym so much. That way, I don't have to spend that much time in the gym and I can get the after-diet strength gain that I like after shows. Dog crapp and Heavy Duty (Mentzers training) is basically the same stuff,,different name...been around since the mid 70's. I did the first Nautilus routines and it was the same basic thing....low volume, high intensity. Each decade has someone trying to capitalize on old stuff....don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it, for me, it's not the way I like to train most of the time. I'm doing a lot of high volume stuff right now, 30 to 50 sets per bodypart with Lee and it takes a good couple of hours to do, but I'm seeing some of the best results. Anytime you make a change to your training, you can shock your body to stimulate growth."

Thanks Rusty for the explaination.

No comments:

Post a Comment